What not to miss on the 1st day of MWC2016
After the surprise appearance of Mark Zuckerberg alongside Korean Samsung on Sunday night at Mobile World Congress 2016 of Barcelona, here are the highlights of the first day:
1. 5G will change everything
Nokia, Ericsson, Intel among others. They all came to announce it: the 5G network will change the mobile industry. Ericsson in particular has announced that it will carry out tests this year on 5G, with a marketing horizon set at 2020. Same observation at Intel which speaks of “a fundamental upheaval in the industry”
– Roger Cheng (@RogerWCheng) February 22, 2016
– RCR Wireless News (@rcrwirelessnews) February 23, 2016
– Günther H. Oettinger (@GOettingerEU) February 21, 2016
2. The Sony Ear and its new model the new Xperia X series
The “Sony Ear” is the new digital assistant capable of performing simple actions, such as dictating or reading messages, interacting with the GPS or accessing its content (news, weather forecast, agenda, etc.) A taste of intelligence artificial according to specialists.
– Takashi Mochizuki (@mochi_wsj) February 22, 2016
3. Nokia’s comeback thanks to IoT?
Nokia took advantage of its presence in Barcelona to announce the creation of a fund endowed with 350 million dollars for the IoT, made several announcements on the show on the subject.
Big MWC themes: IOT, 5G, and autonomous cars. Here is Nokia’s “dummies guide”… pic.twitter.com/jCl362AWYs
– Steen Thygesen (@SteenThygesen) February 22, 2016
4. The game of the year: LG G5, VS the Samsung Galaxy S7, VS the Lenovo Vibe K5
The three flagship models of the year presented by the manufacturers launched their operation to seduce the public.
– Pascal Forget (@pascalforget) February 21, 2016
– Lenovo (@lenovo) February 22, 2016
5. Virtual reality: usage becomes commonplace
Among these models, most now incorporate virtual reality technology, which takes a further step towards user adoption.
– Nokia Networks (@nokianetworks) February 22, 2016
– PhoneHouse Business (@PHforBusiness) February 23, 2016
– Lenovo (@lenovo) February 20, 2016
Photo: © GSMA