The 8th edition of Mobile Film Festival, created in 2005 by Bruno Smadja, aims to support and promote French directors by allowing them to publish their mobile short films on its platform.
Here is the principle: the directors have until next january 7 to shoot and send a mini short film made from a mobile phone camera. The productions should not exceed one minute and are then evaluated by the preselection committee which will decide whether or not to publish them online. The 50 best films will be retained in official selection and submitted to the vote of a jury composed of personalities from the cinema. At the end of the deliberations, the Mobile Film Festival will award 6 prizes to the winners designated by the jury, including:
- Best Mobile Film Prize: BNP Paribas grant of € 15,000, which will allow the director to create a short film with the help of a director. The latter will be broadcast during the 2014 Mobile Film Festival Awards Ceremony.
- Best Screenplay Award: € 500
- Best Actor Award: € 500
- Best Actress Award: € 500
- Best Director Award, new in 2013: € 500
- Audience Prize: 2000 €. This one, chosen by Internet users and handed over by Ulule, will allow the director to launch a short film financing project on the crowdfunding platform.
For its 8th edition, the Mobile Film festival is chaired by comedian Gad Elmaleh, accompanied by 9 other members of the jury such as Kyan Khojandi (short series actor), Harry Tordjman (short series producer), Frédéric Fleurier (editorial director of Dailymotion), and Amandine Lebrat (production manager, Flair production).
Discover the winners of the 2012 edition on this video: