IoT, blockchain, artificial intelligence: these innovations are disrupting the consumption habits of individuals. They also have an impact on the needs of professionals in terms of infrastructure, software, and transaction security. A real intelligent “mesh” (“mesh»In English) is thus emerging, to use an expression used by Gartner. This mesh makes it possible to operate and secure interactions between individuals, companies and connected devices.
In his report “Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2017“, The consulting company in new technologies took an interest in the innovations that are impacting B2B, like this” intelligent network “. The authors of the study classified these underlying trends into three main families: innovations involving the use of data and programming to make systems “intelligent”, those bringing the physical world closer to digital, and finally those relating to this. “Digital mesh”. Overview of the 10 major trends to watch in 2017.
Technological innovations to watch
- Virtual reality and augmented reality, and their applications such as glasses, helmets, and other virtual reality applications. In 2020, nearly 40 million virtual reality and augmented reality headsets are expected to be sold, according to Gartner estimates.
- Smart apps, and in particular access to more in-depth analytics, or to tools promoting user autonomy. Conversation interfaces like chatbots also fall into this category. By 2018, the study’s authors estimate that the top 200 companies in the world will be using smart apps to improve their customer experience.
- The “digital twins“, these dynamic models which analyze data collected thanks to sensors, and which make it possible to have a view of it in real time. By 2020, nearly 21 billion connected sensors should exist, so there will be several billion “digital twins“, According to the consulting firm. These models will ultimately make it possible to better plan maintenance operations, predict equipment failures, or even improve existing products.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning, which allow machines to adapt their operation on their own, depending on their past performance.
- Smart objects, such as robots, drones, or autonomous vehicles.
- Blockchain and “distributed ledgers“, which are changing the way businesses interact with each other.
- Conversational systems, which allow a user to interact with a machine in the form of a conversation.
- Mesh applications and service architecture.
- Technological platforms.
- The adaptive security architecture.