Only two days left to register for the 4th edition of the dataconnexions competition
Candidates for the fourth edition of the data connection competition have two more days to submit their projects.
The competition, whose vocation is to reward projects that present a solution based on the reuse of public data, yesterday revealed its jury for this year (available at the end of the article, editor’s note). It is therefore a matter of processing the information collected by Open Data and provided within the framework of public services in various forms (applications, services, etc.).
Applicants will be able to rely in particular on the platform for centralizing and consulting public data – on which more than 350,000 public datasets if we believe the site – placed under the authority of Etalab (the service of the Prime Minister responsible for the opening of public data).
But ” We must not start from data but from problems and uses if we want to start a project that is really useful for citizens or businesses. It is only then that one must determine whether these data are public or not ” warns Edouard Schlumberger, founder of VroomVroom, a benchmarking success rate for driving schools, one of the winners of the 2013 edition.
Startups, researchers, administrations… all profiles are invited to register insofar as they reuse public data or facilitate its use. ” The dataconnections competition is an opportunity to meet players in Open Data, in particular data providers “. Subsequently, ” the Etalab team provides significant support and helps you with the project Adds Schlumberger.
The jury for this fourth edition was revealed on Tuesday and will be chaired by Frédéric Mazzella, founder and president of Blablacar:
- Alain Baritault, Founder Institute
- Bernard Benhamou, Proxima mobile portal
- François Bourdoncle, Exalead
- Philippe Collombel, Partech International
- Christian Delom, Atout France
- Delphine Desgurse, La Poste group
- Marie Ekeland, Elaia Partners
- Georges-Etienne Faure, Paris City Hall
- Nicolas Frindel, Microsoft
- Caroline Goulard, Dataveyes
- Eric Hazan, McKinsey
- Matthieu Jeandron, Disic
- Jérôme de Labriffe, IAB / BNP Paribas
- Romain Lalanne, SNCF
- Nicolas Landrin, iSource
- Frédéric Mazzella, Blablacar
- Marc Moreau, Veolia
- Bernard Odier, INRIA / W3C
- Elisabeth Racine, Cap Digital
- Cyril reinhard, Epita
- Nicolas Rose, Xange
- Didier Sansier, Orange
- Thibault Ségur, Advancity
- Frédéric Simottel, NextradioTV / 01 Net
- Alexandre Steiner, OiO Ventures
- Agnès Verdier-Molinié, Ifrap
- Alice Zagury, The Family
Photo credit: Fotolia, royalty-free stock images, vectors and videos