TheIFA, a major European professional meeting for consumer electronics will open its doors tomorrow in Berlin and until September 5 with the watchwords: connectivity and convergence.
The biggest players in the sector will take advantage of this showcase to present televisions, computers, consoles, smartphones, tablets, GPS and other accessories to some 200,000 visitors. The 2012 edition seems to have some surprises in store and will give pride of place to some new features already announced since the start of the week:
- The Galaxy note 2 of Samsung, a hybrid object between smartphone and tablet with its 5.5-inch screen, its revised and corrected “S pen” stylus and its Pop Up Note, Pop up video, easy clip and PhotoNote applications. What is certain is that the object cannot be accused of plagiarism by the giant with the apple.
- Always at Samsung, a range of products called Samsung ATIV products (under Windows 8), composed of a pro smart pc, a Samsung ATIV TAB tablet and a Samsung ATIV S.
- Also eagerly awaited, Sony Mobile launches three new smartphones in the range Xperia : Xperia T and Xperia V with NFC and Xperia J, mid-range model. All three products will be on the market before the end of Q4 2012.
- Archos, meanwhile, presents the GamePad, a 7-inch Android 4.0 tablet more aimed at gamers. Google certified, it will give access to Google Play with applications, games, movies and books.
- After some leaks, HTC has unveiled its Desire X, a smartphone under Ice Crean Sandwich which is expected to hit the Asian market next month.
- Finally, LG unveiled its Optimus g, Android 4.0 smartphone which will be released in South Korea next month before an international launch which will take place by the end of the year.
We are still waiting for some new features, such as the TomTom Android application, the LG connected TV, the new Sony camera, the launch of a smartphone and two tablets by Haier, and many others …
Visitors will also enjoy many conferences, shows and concerts, such as the IFA DisplaySearch Business Conference which will take place on September 3 and will explore the development of the TV environment (smartphones, smart TV, etc.) as well as the innovative technologies developed around this phenomenon.