[INSIDERS] 9 Tech Info You Shouldn’t Miss
- YouTube is getting a makeover.
- M6 launches its start-up accelerator.
- The 8 start-ups of season 6 of Orange Fab France unveiled.
- Go Capital raises 60 million euros for its new seed fund.
- SOS Food is joining forces with CALLR to fight against food insecurity.
- The New York Times close to 2 million paying subscribers online.
- Millennials: one generation, 3 profiles.
- Admo.TV selected by ManoMano to measure its TV campaign.
- The nominations: Paul Brown, Sabine Baudin-Delmotte, Fabien Tassel…
The user can thus set up the “night” mode where the background of the site darkens, or even activate the “restricted” mode, which hides the videos with malicious content. At any time, it is possible to switch back to the previous version via the “return to classic version of YouTube” tab.
The new design uses the “Material Design” invented by Google for all of its software and applications. The theme is cleaner and created as a grid. This novelty has been awaited for a year and comes after the modification of the site’s algorithm.
M6 is committed to French Tech. The group has just launched a start-up accelerator, in partnership with Tapptic, a digital technology consulting agency, specializing in the conception, UX / UI design and development of innovative solutions. Baptized “UP by M6», The new structure will support the selected start-ups for six renewable months.
The selection of the first promotion, which will be made up of around ten start-ups, is in progress. It is possible to apply until May 30. The winners will start their acceleration before the summer. At the end of the acceleration program, certain projects will be selected by M6 to benefit from a minimum investment of 100,000 euros.
Read also: How M6 adapted its advertising strategy to the cross-media era
For its sixth season, the accelerator Orange Fab France integrates 8 start-ups. Selected from over 150 candidates, they will be supported by the structure of the French operator for three months. Deployed in 12 countries, the Orange Fab accelerator network has accelerated 247 start-ups since its creation in 2013. Orange intends to support 500 start-ups around the world by 2020.
The 8 winners of season 6 of Orange Fab France:
- Entr’Up, immersive serious game which helps managers and HR functions to build and manage their teams according to the suitability of the personalities, values and motivations of their employees.
- & Shift, an automated and personalized communication platform, SaaS or on Premise, which promotes employee buy-in to new digital solutions deployed within companies.
- Tempow has developed an update to the Bluetooth protocol that allows a smartphone, laptop, tablet, or TV to be connected to multiple Bluetooth speakers, headsets or headphones simultaneously.
- World Gaming Federation, a social platform that brings together video game players from all platforms – PC, Xbox, Playstation, etc. – and aggregates their data to then offer them events and fun by putting them in touch with players of compatible levels and interests, rankings of all types and visibility on their performances.
- Neuroprofile, behavioral finance game allowing financial advisers to assess the investor profile of their clients, in accordance with new European MiFIDII requirements.
- Powerup Technology offers a connected object to preserve the battery life of smartphones and tablets, thanks to an optimized charging algorithm.
- KYC Project has designed a platform which encrypts data linked to invoices used as proof of address by banks (Orange, EDF, etc.). The platform secures this information on a private blockchain and then offers it in SaaS mode to banks in order to make the processing of this information faster, efficient and economical.
- Coding Days offers a face-to-face weekend for everyone to learn to code, create their own site and learn about web languages.
Read also: [The Refiners] Tempow, from the impossible to the possible
Go Capital launches the Go Capital Amornement II fund dedicated to innovative start-ups in the West. The latter will be endowed with 60 million euros. Bpifrance notably injected 20 million euros on the occasion of this first closing.
The new fund will make investments of 500,000 on average, up to 2 million euros in several installments, depending on the stage of commercial maturity of the company and the nature of the project. Go Capital Amornement II may invest up to 6 million euros in total to support the development of a company. The fund will invest mainly in start-ups from the digital economy, health and medical sectors, biotechnologies and nutrition-health, environmental technologies, energy transition and service innovation. The structure plans to achieve a second closing by the second half of 2017 to reach 80 million euros.
CALLR, a telecommunications operator specializing in smart SMS and voice applications, has decided to support the project SOS Food. Launched by Rafael Millan (opposite), Paule-Emma Duloir, Xuan Bich Mai Thi and Moufid Jaber, from the Le Wagon code school, the organization has developed a solution to easily guide poor people towards solidarity meal distributions via SMS.
On its platform, SOS Food takes care of identifying meal distributions organized by associations while beneficiaries (homeless, refugees, retirees, etc.) simply have to send an SMS to 06 44 63 96 96 indicating an address, a zip code or metro stop. In this way, they can receive three meal proposals for the next 24 hours.
With 310,000 new paying subscribers gained during the first quarter of 2017, the New York Times is approaching the symbolic mark of 2 million online subscribers, according to information reported by Recode. In total, the American daily saw its subscriber base increase by 65% compared to the first quarter of 2016.
Regarding its financial performance as well, the New York Times shows more than encouraging results. Its turnover, to 398.8 million dollars in the first quarter, has indeed increased by 5.1% year on year. And its net income, which was in the red in the first quarter of 2016 ($ 13.6 million in losses), returned to the positive to reach $ 13.2 million. The dynamism of the media on the Web is also reflected in its advertising performance, since its digital advertising revenues ($ 49.6 million) increased by 18.9% over the period. At the same time, its print advertising revenue ($ 80.3 million) fell 17.9%.
Having become essential for Millennials, 75% say they use it at least once a day, mobile phones have also become an important source of information for them. 27% of them believe that their media and multimedia consumption is done on mobile, according to a Mediamétrie study.
Notable differences in their consumption of information appear, however, depending on the profile. The youngest of them, aged 13 to 17, are thus 75% to listen to the radio daily. The 18-24 year olds are rather fond of television, as well as radio. 25-34 year olds tend to read the press for information. State of play of these three profiles in France.
** Study carried out on 10,000 people in France.
The e-commerce site ManoMano specializing in DIY and gardening chooses Admo.TV for its drive-to-web TV strategy. The TV and radio analytics platform will be responsible for analyzing the performance of the site’s new TV campaign.
Paul Brown becomes CEO of HTC Vive
HTC Vive announces the appointment of Paul Brown as general manager. He was previously a member of the management teams of Disney and Spotify.
Sabine Baudin-Delmotte promoted to director of the BPCE digital communication
Sabine Baudin-Delmotte becomes director of digital communication for the BPCE. She previously held the position of press relations and e-reputation director since October 2013.
Fabien Tassel joins Saint-Gobain Weber France as Commercial Director
Fabien Tassel arrives at Saint-Gobain Weber France as sales manager. He was previously director of the Europe business unit of the Toupret group.
Olivier Roland appointed director of Ineat Ile-de-France
Ineat Ile-de-France announces the arrival ofOlivier Roland as director. He previously held the position of Sales Director at Smile.
Cabestan is looking for its Product Marketing Manager (M / F)
Cabestan is the publisher of a relationship marketing solution in saas mode combining the universes of multichannel marketing campaign management and data management platform (DMP) in order to offer an integrated platform for managing the customer experience in real time.
From building a unified customer view to executing multi-channel marketing campaigns and behavior analysis, including customer journey automation and behavioral targeting, Cabestan meets all team needs. marketing wishing to equip themselves with a system orchestrating their acquisition and loyalty plans.
Cabestan also offers a range of services to support its customers at each stage of the deployment and use of its solutions through integration, campaign management and operational advice.
Cabestan, a subsidiary of the Mediapost Communication group and part of the digital branch of the La Poste group, is currently experiencing significant development and is looking for its product marketing manager.
Join a dynamic company combining the professions of software and services in a rapidly changing market.
As Product Marketing Manager, you join the Product Management unit and report directly to the Marketing Director.
Your missions are:
Carry out market / competitor studies: campaign management solutions, data management platform, data analytic platform, etc.
Structure the identification of new needs generating changes in the product / service offer: platform usage indicators, user feedback, etc.
Work on the positioning of offers in their markets.
Contribute to the definition of the product roadmap and write expressions of needs.
Establish communication tools for marketing: product sheet, characteristics of the offer, presentation to internal teams (sales forces, project, etc.).
Design the onboarding and user animation process: definition of routes by personas and production of supports (tutorials, etc.)
Update existing tools: documentation / demonstration platform
Perform platform demonstrations: events / workshops
Contribute to the definition and implementation of the promotional marketing plan
Negotiate and monitor the achievement of contracts with partners
Support the sales team