In the frame presidential elections 2012, France info regularly publishes infographics responding to the theme, “France in figures”. This time around, the Internet industry has been combed through. A work that offers us very beautiful illustrations presenting a battery of statistics more or less known, but always very interesting.
Some striking figures:
- With 38M French people online, the number of Internet users has almost quadrupled in the space of 10 years.
- Thus, 64% of households declared having Internet access in 2010, compared to 12% in 2000.
- 10 million French people are equipped with smartphones.
- More than 52% of French people have already made a purchase online.
- More than 50% of Internet users have a Facebook account.
- 44% of French people say they have found lost friends thanks to the Internet.
- The French accumulate, every day, 27M hours of play of which 59% via the Internet.