Mobile shopping this holiday season is expected to constitute a large percentage of online spending. The agency Prestige Marketing published a infographics showing the main figures of mobile marketing as well as the strong trends of the sector for marketers.
- Mobile purchases represent 20% of online sales during the 2012 holiday periods, against 11% in 2011 and 5.5% in 2010.
- 70% of mobile users take action (reservation, pre-purchase or product purchase) less than 1 hour after carrying out a search on their mobile.
- Mobile users spend 10% of their time on mobile devices, while the advertising industry only spends 1% of its budget on mobile advertising.
- If your site is not mobile friendly, 79% of mobile users will look for a similar site that is.
- The three most popular mobile marketing media for consumers are: websites (70%), apps (55%) and QR Codes (49%).
- 50% of marketers believe that a mobile strategy could help them recruit new customers and increase their sales.
- 75% of marketers without a mobile strategy plan to launch one in less than a year.