VisionMobile just published the 9th edition of its “100 million club” series on the mobile industry. This infographic analyzes the latest figures released by the mobile market and determines the winners and losers in the phone and smartphone race.
Here are the main figures to remember:
- The penetration of smartphones in the mobile market continues to increase, rising from nearly 30% in the 3rd quarter of 2011 to 40% in Q2 2012
- Almost 2 out of 3 smartphones delivered in the first half of 2012 were Android devices
- Despite sales of smartphones at half mast, the Windows Marketplace already has more than 100,000 applications available.
- Although Symbian is obsolete today, it is still very present in the market, much more than Bada and Windows Phone combined.
- Finally, Apple and Samsung represent 63% of the turnover of the telephony market, and more than 98% of the profits, which strongly reduces the potential of R&D developments of other manufacturers.