The mobile market is growing. BI Intelligence – the research unit of the Business Insider site – puts into perspective in Slideshow the evolution of mobile consumption in the United States between 2013 and 2014, with mobile growth projections until 2018. The document studies 6 key sectors: m-commerce, advertising, application growth, type of platform, payment mobile and connected health.
Here are the main lessons from this slideshow:
- M-commerce represents 24% of online sales volume in 2014
- Mobile advertising expected to bring in $ 80 billion in 2018
- 25 billion mobile applications were downloaded in 2014
- There are twice as many devices connected under Android than under iOS in 2014
- Daily use of health / fitness apps on iOS increased by 62% between December 2013 and June 2014
Click on the image to access the slideshow: