Iliad explodes: turnover + 26.7%, net profit + 78%, 10% mobile market share
Is the telecom market sluggish, in the midst of a growth crisis? Xavier Niel has other concerns with a turnover of 1.829 billion euros, a gross margin for the first half of 2013 of 852 million euros (+ 26%), an ebitda of 586 million euros ( + 40%), and net income of 142 million euros (+ 78%) over the same period in 2012.
Free Mobile has just crossed the 10% market share with 6.795 million subscribers which generate 535.4 million in revenue.
Broadband ARPU stabilized close to its historical level at 35.9 euros as of June 30, 2013. This indicator is up slightly compared to the first half of 2012.
Free sales for the 1st half of 2013
Free operational indicators in the first half of 2013
Free cash flow in the 1st half of 2013
The iliad Group ended the half-year with free cash of 307 million euros. Apart from the operational elements presented above, the Group’s cash position was marked over the period by:
- The repayment of 200 million euros of the syndicated loan of 1,400 million euros
- The drawdown of the last tranche of the second EIB financing for 100 million euros
- The payment of 2012 dividends for an amount of 21 million euros.
The number of subscribers to Free services
As of June 30, 2013, the company’s capital was distributed 62% in the hands of managers and 38% in the hands of private investors.
In terms of objectives, Xavier Niel and his team aim
• Broadband market share of 25% in the long term;
• Continuation of horizontal FTTH deployments and co-investment.
• Sales growth of more than 5% in 2013.
• Continuation and intensification of deployments;
• Achieve 75% coverage at the end of 2014;
• Achieve in the medium term a market share of 15% and long-term ambition to achieve a market share of 25%.
and a turnover of more than 4 billion euros by 2015 for the group.