How to use TikTok to create more original videos on Instagram
It’s short, addicting and full of great creative ideas: welcome to the world of TikTok … If the brand, which has exceeded one billion downloads this year on the App Store and Google Play, is especially popular with the youngest, its intuitive video editor can be used to post content to other platforms, including Instagram, which benefits a demographically larger audience.
The application published by the Chinese giant ByteDance has many easy-to-use video editing features. Brands like Nike or a media such as Washington post knew how to use it to communicate. It must be said that these very short videos (limited to 15 or 60 seconds for most users) and multiple special effects easily attract attention …
Let your creativity run wild with TikTok’s video editor. If you want to take advantage of the features of the social network and then post the video to another social network, like Instagram, here’s how you do it:
- After recording or importing a video from your smartphone to TikTok, you can edit it by adding filters and effects of your choice.
The app has a hundred emoticon stickers and lots of face filters. You can also add transition effects (shooting frame, switch, countdown) or even repeat, reverse or slow down the time, and of course add music.
Indeed, playing back a song was the original function of TikTok, known as Musical.ly at the time.
- Once the video is saved and edited on TikTok, press the “Next” button, shown at the bottom right.
- You can then add a description and a hashtag to your video before selecting the “Audience” tab in the “Who can see this video” section.
- Finally, you can choose to share this video on the Instagram app at the bottom of the screen and then post. If you have the apps Messenger, Snapchat or WhatsApp, you can also choose to share your video on these platforms. You can also just save the video to your smartphone without publishing it.
- If you click on “Publish”, this action sends you to the selected application. If it’s Instagram, you have to choose whether you want to show the video as a story or on your feed.
- The video can now appear as an Instagram story.
If you want to remove the TikTok logo from your Instagram post, you can. You can crop the video by stretching it until the logo disappears, from Instagram or from the photo app on your smartphone. If you don’t want an entire section of your video to disappear, there are software specifically designed to remove logos, like Apowersoft. Often you just need to copy the URL of your video and embed it into the software.
On the other hand, like Facebook’s social networks, TikTok is not immune to criticism of the use of its subscribers’ data. Recently, some of them have for example been surprised to find themselves in advertisements of the social network, for example broadcast on Snapchat, without their consent …