More than 100,000 health applications are already available on the stores
The healthcare market will also experience its digital revolution. Heliceum, has gathered several figures and offers a summary infographic with Frenchweb.
Thus, from 2013 to 2017, the global market for mobile applications will be 11 times larger, from $ 2.3 billion to $ 26.5 billion. We also learn that:
- the global market for mobile applications will be 11 times larger, from $ 2.3 billion to $ 26.5 billion;
- the number of mobile health users will be 13 times greater, going from 107 million users to 1.3 billion users;
- the connected device market will grow by 69%, from $ 403 million to $ 5.6 billion;
- the number of connected M-health devices sold will be 13.5 times greater, going from 4.5 million to 61 million;
- the turnover generated by mobile health applications will increase by 80%, from 1.3 billion dollars to 2.4 billion dollars;
- more than 100,000 health applications are now available on stores, 40% of which are chargeable and 15% are intended for professionals.