Community platform, Exponaute offers detailed news about exhibitions and museums. The site also features preview press and visitor reviews, photos and videos. Finally, each registered member can save their favorite museums, create their exhibition calendar and find ideas thanks to the recommendations of the community.
Free, the new iPhone application offers:
- A search engine giving access to more than 5,000 museums and galleries and more than 10,000 exhibitions.
- A geolocation system allowing view the most popular and closest exhibitions to a specific location.
- Direct access to ticket offices to put an end to queues.
- A magazine offering a look at current artistic news.
- And finally, an agenda to bring together all the practical information related to current exhibitions.
Launched in July 2010, Exponaut references more than 5,000 exhibition venues in France, Belgium, Switzerland and Luxembourg and claims, according to the latest figures released, a monthly audience of 200,000 visitors. Last July, the platform completed a fundraising of € 560,000 from the investment company F Sharp and business angels.
The site plans to put a new magazine online by the end of the year and the creation of pages dedicated to artists for January 2012. In the longer term, Exponaute should expand to cover current exhibitions. major European capitals.