In line with the SoLoMo trend (social, local, mobile), the Paris Live application brings together news from the capital in the form of articles, audio and video podcasts or tweet threads. It is structured around 5 services:
- News, highlighted on the home page of the application and enriched in real time by dedicated tweets. You can also select the news you want to view by topic (sport, culture, economy, etc.)
- Debates, which allow you to interact with other Paris Live users on current affairs topics, whether or not linked to the city of Paris.
- The Live Reporter, on which you become a real source of information by posting and sharing your photos and videos on local news.
- The places, which, thanks to geolocation, send you practical information, selections of Instagram photos and data in Open Data.
- Discounts, which offer you reduced rates and deals in your city.
The application also offers the possibility of taking advantage of many practical services such as weather forecast, real-time road traffic, and the management of news alerts according to your wishes and preferences.
The France Live network is now present in 9 French cities: Nantes, Rennes, Angers, Lille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Bordeaux and Paris. It currently has nearly 150,000 downloads and should soon be launched in the cities of Rouen, Grenoble, Nice, Marseille and Montpellier.
Last February, FrenchWeb met Jérôme Poulain, founder of the publisher Playcorp: