NPA consulting firm, a specialist in the media field, has just published a series of figures relating to the applications developed by press titles in Europe, taken from the study “One year of press apps, lessons and best practices”.
Main observation, with more than 1300 applications, European publishers have largely invested in the opportunities offered by digital tablets. These “press” apps would even represent 45% of the total number of tablet applications (according to figures from iMonitor).
- France comes in 4th position in Europe with 120 applications offered by publishers.
- The UK is largely in head with 439 apps.
- Next comes Italy, which has 180.
- Then, Germany, which has 172.
Regarding the services offered:
- 3 out of 4 European publishers have integrated the links into their applications.
- 30% have integrated animations.
- On the other hand, the applications of European publishers fall short in terms of social networks and video content compared to the applications offered by American publishers.