According to the latest figures published per ComScore, 20.1 million Americans used their smartphones to scan QR codes last October.
- Among them, nearly 60% used this activity from their home.
- 44% since a large area.
- 26.6% from a grocery store.
- 21.4% from their workplace.
- 11.2% when traveling outside.
- And finally, 10% from a restaurant.
By way of comparison, in France, according to a TNS Sofres study published last July, 7 million French people have already scanned QR codes, or 42% of mobile users identified in France. 15M people have already seen QR codes. Product packaging and the magazine press are the media where QR codes are most in demand.