Fullsix has just published the conclusions of the second edition of its study, carried out by OTO Research, on the use of digital tablets in French homes. Main observation: tablets take an increasingly important place in our daily life.
The numbers speak for themselves:
- 2h40 of daily use with more than 6 grips, against 2h per day according to the study of last year which however only concerned the iPad.
- Over 90% of tablet owners use them while watching TV.
- 59% of “iPaders” say they use less their computer since they have a tablet.
- Sedentary use. Aficionados mainly use their tablet at home and share it with all members of the household.
- Tablets are primarily used for surfing the internet (84%).
- Each user spends nearly € 14 monthly in content and applications.
- However, 74% prefer ad-supported apps to paid apps.
- Users are now 54% men, compared to 46% women. Last year, the use of tablets was rather reserved for men (69%).
The study was conducted on the internet from August 23 to September 23, 2011 with 406 French owners of tablets. It will be unveiled in its entirety on October 25.