Jean-Luc Raymond from FranceNum.gouv.fr introduces us to the best initiatives of VSEs and SMEs in terms of digital transformation. Today, special “Innovation” column: Can we say that the Covid-19 crisis has an impact on innovation?
The consulting firm Fast-Up partners joined forces with the Innovation Factory association to interview 130 innovation players in companies in France from different sectors of activity via the BVA institute.
Innovation Factory sums up the situation revealed by this survey as follows: “ few companies perceive innovation as the means to the profound transformation of their structure, in particular concerning questions of the environment and digital transition, whereas on the contrary, innovation is one of the main levers for understanding this kind of problem“. One figure is clear: 66% of business innovation managers consulted consider that the lack of a culture of innovation within the company is the main obstacle, precisely when it comes to developing innovation projects. And 31% of general managers blame skills deemed insufficient.
One point everyone agrees, however: for 74% of executives, innovation projects succeed thanks to hybrid teams rather than only internal or external. This is one of the main axes that emerges from this study: innovation and hybridization go hand in hand. To innovate, you have to question yourself, challenge yourself, look towards other horizons and also call on different players. Having an outside look is so important!
As for the impact of the health crisis on the innovation process, 48% of respondents indicate that Covid-19 has a positive impact on the development of innovation projects. This forces us to change quickly and accelerate innovation projects to meet new demand. The first results confirm the desire to adapt to meet consumer expectations. In short, it is the customer relationship and the customer experience that this strengthens.
- DECODE VC: discover the best investors, their vision, their practices
- DECODE Exit: how does a business transfer work? Discover the underside of startup sales
- DECODE CTO: discover the CTOs of the most beautiful French Tech startups and companies
- HR DECODE: discover the most inspiring HRDs and their best practices
- Decode of the week: Richard Menneveux and his guests decipher Tech news around the world
- WildCard: our sniper Joseph Postec shares his look on Tech news in an offbeat tone
- Silicon Carne: the news of the Valley as seen by Carlos Diaz and his guests