Teleworking is exploding, but it is very different from managing your teams first hand and via a computer. How to manage your teams without stressing them? How to best communicate?
Frédéric Plais, co-founder of Platform.sh shares his experience. For more than four years, all of its employees have been working from home. Today, its 180 employees work remotely every day. ” In a context like this, you have to stay in close contact with your teams. Talk to them every day. You have to trust, believe in your teams. I recommend setting up a chat system with sub-groups per team or per project », highlights Frédéric Plais.
Concretely, certain tools and certain rules have been put in place. ” What is the hardest to reproduce is the informal. We must succeed in reproducing it. We go through a lot of chats with conversations that improvise and in particular a Commendation discussion that allows you to thank the people who have helped you on the team. It is visible and it allows real recognition. There are also communication rules that have been put in place such that it is forbidden to just say hello on a cat and wait ”, explains Frédéric Plais, co-founder of Platform.sh.
Find the full interview with Frédéric Plais, co-founder of Platform.sh:
Discover other shows from Decode Media
- DECODE Business: every day, discover the news of innovative companies on Spotify and Apple Podcasts
- DECODE VC: discover the best investors, their vision, their practices
- DECODE Exit: how does a business transfer work? Discover the underside of startup sales
- DECODE CTO: discover the CTOs of the most beautiful French Tech startups and companies
- HR DECODE: discover the most inspiring HRDs and their best practices
- Decode of the week: Richard Menneveux and his guests decipher Tech news around the world
- WildCard: our sniper Joseph Postec shares his look on Tech news in an offbeat tone
- Silicon Carne: the news of the Valley as seen by Carlos Diaz and his guests