A year and a half after being put on notice by the CNIL, Fidzup goes out of business. The start-up which uses the geolocation data of smartphone users to give retailers the possibility of targeting potential customers has nevertheless complied in terms of collecting user consent, but this was not enough.
Olivier Magnan-Saurin, its founder and CEO, looks back on Fidzup’s last difficult months through its attempts to improve the image of the company, the search for new funding while continuing to motivate his team despite 15 layoffs.
Discover other shows from Decode Media
- DECODE Business: every day, discover the news of innovative companies on Spotify and Apple Podcasts
- VC Decode : discover the best investors, their vision, their practices
- Decode Exit : how does a business transfer work? Discover the underside of startup sales
- CTO decode : discover the CTOs of the most beautiful French Tech startups and companies
- HR Decode : discover the most inspiring HRDs and their best practices
- Decode of the week: Richard Menneveux and his guests decipher Tech news around the world
- WildCard : our sniper Joseph Postec shares his look on Tech news in an offbeat tone
- Silicon Carne: the news of the Valley as seen by Carlos Diaz and his guests