In Brazil, the situation is dramatic with 80,000 deaths from the coronavirus. To make matters worse, Jair Bolsonaro, the Brazilian president, is affected by Covid-19 and the monetary crisis is reaching new heights. However, the digital ecosystem is holding up rather well in this period of severe turbulence. Xavier Leclerc, our correspondent based in Rio de Janeiro, gives us the reasons for this resilience of Brazilian Tech.
In summary :
- lessons from the coronavirus crisis in Brazil
- a level of investment that is maintained despite the health, political and economic crisis
- Brazilian start-ups merge to overcome the crisis
- FinTech, a sector that is doing well
- Facebook’s woes with the WhatsApp payment service
Xavier Leclerc is a French entrepreneur based in Rio de Janeiro since 2014. He is the co-founder of MOX Digital, a company that organizes B2B conferences around digital, including .Futuro. Previously, he worked with Google and then Facebook in France. He was also one of the first sales representatives of the French subsidiary of Mark Zuckerberg’s firm.