This last platform should allow brands to quantify the impact of social networks and to integrate this data into their marketing mix measurement. The new service only integrates Facebook for the moment, but ComScore is already planning to extend it in the short term to other social networks, including Twitter.
According to Linda Boland Abraham, Marketing Director of ComeScore, Social Essentials provides an “innovative solution”. Indeed, the majority of marketers would be interested in social media, without being able to assess “the marketing impact of this channel”. This new barometer would therefore give brands the opportunity to obtain numerous indicators:
- The number of fans and friends of fans exposed to social media impressions (known as ‘paid’, ‘earned’ or ‘owned’) with the total number of exposures to the brand,
- The ability to calculate traditional media planning indicators such as reach, repetition and GRP of brand impressions on social networks
- The demographics of fans and friends
- Online behavior and brand engagement of fans and friends
- Competitive insights into social media audience, including demographic and behavioral comparisons and audience deduplication
- The behavioral impact of exposure to social media messages, marketing and advertising campaigns.
Listed on the Nasdaq, Comscore analyzes the web and mobile audience in nearly 35 countries and meets the expectations of more than a thousand companies.