How is the health crisis surrounding the coronavirus impacting the FrenchTech ecosystem? Cédric O, Secretary of State in charge of digital, talks to our microphone about the economic impact of the epidemic on businesses. ” There are certain sectors such as tourism and events which are very affected with drops in turnover of up to 60% ”, he says.
Measures with regard to SMEs have been announced to support them in this difficult period, such as the postponement of social and fiscal deadlines, but start-ups having sometimes different mechanisms, an adaptation of these measures is necessary.
Bpifrance’s role is also key in supporting start-ups in distress. ” In the event of difficulties related to the coronavirus, companies can turn to Bpifrance “, claims Cédric O, Secretary of State in charge of digital.
Discover other shows from Decode Media
- Decode Exit : how does a business transfer work? Discover the underside of startup sales
- VC Decode : discover the best investors, their vision, their practices
- CTO decode : discover the CTOs of the most beautiful French Tech startups and companies
- HR Decode : discover the most inspiring HRDs and their best practices
- Decode of the week: Richard Menneveux and his guests decipher Tech news around the world
- Wild Card : our sniper Joseph Postec shares his look on Tech news in an offbeat tone
- Silicon Carne: the news of the Valley as seen by Carlos Diaz and his guests