The high quality online music site, Qobuz, just launched the new version of its application for iPhone, iPad and iTouch. It offers in particular to listen to titles in CD quality from these various mobile supports.
Specialized since 2008 in downloading music, Qobuz launched last November, a new service paid music streaming. Whoever wants to be the “record store of the 21st century” has therefore been offering for two months an unlimited streaming offer in CD quality. A new service which therefore remains true to its credo: quality before quantity.
This differentiated offer still has a price, since it is billed at € 29 per month. Much more than the two formulas offered by Spotify and Deezer at € 4.99 or € 9.99.
Already available on the App Store, the new free version of its mobile application offers, for its part, some new features aimed, in particular, to further improve listening to the various titles. Among them :
- Import CD quality (16 Bits / 44.1 kHz) for all Qobuz Hi-Fi subscribers.
- A selection of recommendations from Qobuz record stores, accessible by genre: New, Awarded by the press, Ideal nightclub, etc.
- Adaptations and fixes related to iOS 5.
- An interface revisited to improve navigation.
- The implementation of more efficient tools to have quick access to all the titles in its library, even in offline mode.
Currently being validated, this V2 should soon be available on the Android Market.
Unlimited listening to titles on these applications is only valid for Premium or Hi-Fi subscribers of the platform.