Apple released its results for the fourth quarter of its fiscal year:
- turnover reached $ 42.1 billion, (+ 12% over one year);
- profit was $ 8.5 billion;
- the gross margin stands at 38%, against 37% a year earlier;
- earnings per share, which refers to Wall Street, is $ 1.42;
- the dividend will be $ 0.47 per share.
These results were mainly boosted by smartphone sales, reinvigorated by the release of the two new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. In total, the firm at the apple sold 39.27 million iPhone in the fourth quarter, against 33.79 a year earlier. The group thus achieves more than half of its quarterly turnover in this segment (23.67 billion dollars). Mac sales for its part improved slightly to 5.52 million units passed, against 4.57 million a year more in the fourth quarter of 2013, to 6.62 billion dollars.
Conversely, iPad sales continue to lose speed. It sold “only” 12.3 million units in the fourth quarter, against more than 14 million last year in the same period, a decrease of 13% in units, and 14% in figure business. For the next quarter, Apple expects a turnover of 63.5 to 66.5 billion dollars and a gross margin of between 37.5% and 38.5%.