It’s official, and it is President Macron’s agenda that will have made the information public. The inauguration of Station F, the largest start-up campus in the world, will take place this Thursday, June 29 from 7:30 p.m. The first start-ups will set up in the renovated premises of the Halle Freyssinet from July 1.
Focus on 10 figures to know about this major project for the French start-up ecosystem.
- 21 acceleration programs will work alongside each other, including 10 international programs. We will find the Founders Program, the incubation program developed by Roxanne Varza’s team, but also Impulse, the Vente-privee incubation program, the Start-up Garage of Facebook, or the program of Microsoft, specializing in AI. Schools such as HEC have also chosen to be present there.
- 250 million euros : this is the amount invested by Xavier Niel in this project, on his personal funds. The operating costs are estimated between 7 and 8 million euros per year. The French entrepreneur stressed that Station F’s ambition was not to be profitable at all costs, but rather to help the French ecosystem.
In total, 1,000 start-ups should be hosted on site. More than 3,000 workstations will be available, as well as more than 60 meeting rooms, an auditorium with 370 seats, a fablab, a pop-up store, etc.
- 3 years : this is the duration of the work to rehabilitate the 34,000 square meter space, located in the 13th arrondissement of Paris. Note, the inauguration of Station F should have taken place in April. It was postponed due to water damage.
The building will be divided into 3 large spaces, with very distinct functions: the Share area will be dedicated to work and the Create area will facilitate exchanges. In the Chill zone, entrepreneurs will be able to relax and eat, in a space open to the public. In total, the building will offer 8 spaces dedicated to events.
- 28 years old : it is the average age of the team that runs the place. At present, a dozen people are working on the project. Recruitments are underway to expand the team.
In the near future, the Station F team wishes to extend the project, and offer a hosting solution to entrepreneurs. This co-living space should eventually accommodate 600 people, in 100 shared apartments. Located about ten minutes from Station F, it will be equipped with a fitness room and a private bar.
- 195 euros per month : this is the price of the Founders Program developed by Station F. This corresponds to a full-time job, in addition to on-site support. The companies selected to be part of this program will be able to join the start-up campus from October 2017.
The Selection Board of Station F’s Founders Program is made up of 100 entrepreneurs, from 21 different countries. Among these entrepreneurs, 5 are at the head of unicorns and 3 have achieved an IPO. They have raised 5 billion euros cumulatively. In particular, we find Alix de Sagazan (AB Tasty), Thierry Petit (Showroomprivé) and Céline Lazorthes (Leetchi).
- 10,900 : it is the number of subscribers to the official Twitter account of Station F.
Read also: 4 start-ups incubated at Station F